Saturday, May 20, 2006

I remember

I remember we were young and rebel playing outside in the school back yard.
Your blue eyes and blond long hair shinning on the sun...
I remember to enjoy playing games with you despite you never admitted to loose!
I remember your mummy always looking after you, the only and youngest daughter among five grown sons.
I remember your beautiful and shy smile every time your blue eyes came across my brown eyes.
I remember the softness of your skin when we were holding hands.
But then, one day, you left with your parents to a foreign embassy and I never saw you again.
I remember saying: "I'll never forget you!"
And I didn't.
I'm old now and still single.
I never found someone else like you...
Suddenly you are back and I swear I'll never let you go again!
Even that you're now old, weak and living with Alzheimer (I don't know the guy but I'm not jealous anymore!) I don't care, as far as you keep smiling everytime your still beautiful blue eyes come across my sad brown eyes.
You do not remember as well as I do, but I keep trying to tell you, while grabbing your trembling hands with no soft skin anymore, that when we were young we were happy together.
Now I forgot I'm old and I feel young again, playing in the school back yard.
Love will never tear us apart... As far as I can still remember you...

3 comments:

Beau Lotus 涟 said...

What's this about? At first I thought you were talking about you and your wife, but...

last frontier said...

do you know what is a chronic ? It is a small romance story. Nothing to do with reality, just result of my big and sometimes weird imagination !

Beau Lotus 涟 said...

Chronicle?

Anyway, real or not, it must be pretty reassuring for your wife to know that you're one guy who wouldn't mind it if his old wife had alzheimer's and would hang around to take care of her :-).